Trainer Tip of the Week

This week’s tip is brought to you by Gunnar Peterson*, a celebrity trainer famous for buffing up the likes of Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman, J. Lo and Angelina Jolie.

According to Peterson, you should “mix up your cardio for different results and to keep it interesting so that you’ll go longer and do more. Change your intensity, duration, music, and whether you do it before or after your strength training. You’ll be happy you did.”

If you do the same workout every day, every week, your body will get used to it. Changing things up will create change in your body while also preventing injuries. Plus, you won’t get bored.

Buy a new exercise DVD, sign up for a spin class or change up reps and weights. The summer is the perfect time to get outside and mix things up. I recently joined a boot camp and every week we have a different workout. It helps me push myself harder than I would by myself. Plus I get to be outside after a long day confined to a cubicle.

What’s your favorite workout?



*According to an interview in Glamour, Peterson hasn’t always been the fitness guru he is today. He used to be a fat kid. “My mom sent me to Weight Watchers meetings in Houston, Texas, when I was 10 years old.” For some reason that makes me trust him more.

Previous Post: Atkins with a veggie twist

Labels: , , ,